We are seeking a vibrant, energetic (fit – there are over 400 steps down to the island, so that’s over 400 on the way up as well), friendly and professional Visitor Tour Guide for our South Stack Lighthouse & Visitor Centre, to provide our guests with an exceptional experience while visiting us.
In this role, you will be responsible for engaging visitors for the duration of the tour, sharing interesting facts about the history of South Stack lighthouse and the area around us eg North Stack, Ellens Tower etc., as well as about our company and answering any questions they may have.
You will also provide helpful tips on other attractions or restaurants in the area that are popular among tourists to help ensure our guests enjoy their stay in the area.
Tour Guide Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure ticket sales are recorded accurately on a daily basis
- Greet all guests promptly & politely at scheduled tour times
- Outline the tour and timeline before beginning
- Determine if any guests have physical restrictions that should be considered
- Clearly and articulately provide information to guests in an engaging manner
- Answer any questions that the guests have
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of our facility and related topics
- Remain calm, friendly, and enthusiastic at all times
- Escort guests through the tour, taking breaks as needed
Tour Guide Requirements and Qualifications
- Work experience in customer service preferred
- Experience with public speaking is a plus
- Able to memorize and recite facts clearly and accurately
- Fluent in English; bilingual a plus – our visitors are from the UK, Europe and of course the rest of the world.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Flexible schedule – shifts can change due to weather conditions and external factors
The rate of pay for the 2021 season is £9 per hour.
for further information please contact us via our contacts page on our website: www.southstacklighthouse.co.uk
South Stack Ynys Lawd Ltd